I would like to feel more secure with our finances. I am very grateful we have a roof over our head. Mr No Spend & I need to make improvements to our financial situation.
- First thing being for us is that we both get out of using our overdraft facilities. It would be nice to form a buffer in our bank accounts. Who wants to be paying the bank anyone money for using this service?!
- To not spend more than we have coming in each month
- Get that emergency fund up & running. Currently it has £0.00 in the pot. My aim for 2012 is £3000.00. I would like to achieve that amount. I do not know if I will be able to. But I am going to set myself that goal.
- I would like to stick to a budget for food each month. To actually keep a proper tab on the food spending would be a good start. To make good wholesome food on a budget.
I am thinking about ways in which I can aim to get to that £3000. emergency fund
- Firstly I want a clear breakdown of everything I/we are paying out each month. Down to the last penny
- Search for better deals with regard to certain direct debits
- To not go over my mobile phone allowance
- To search for bulk buys/special offers of certain household items
- As far as spending goes ask myself "Do I need it?". Also look at things with regard to how many hours you need to work for that item?
- Stick to a food budget
- I like to do ebay & ebay is a way I can earn some extra pennies. Take for instance I bought a shirt at a jumble sale for 20p & it sold for £9.50 (not bad!)