I love the prospect of a new year. I know we have not got through christmas yet!. I think of all the things I would like to do differently . I do not mean major things. Sometimes it seems that life whizzes by so fast.
My Finance Goals
- To aim to have an emergency fund/savings fund. I think this would give Mr No spend & myself piece of mind. An emergency fund would be great for things unexpected like the car needing fixing. Any unexpected emergency. I think I will have to lump emergency & savings into the same pot. Hopefully it will grow. I think my goal for 2012 will be to aim for having £3000 pounds in the emergency/savings fund.
- I would like to pay some of my direct debits in one go ie tv license. The car insurance in one go as this would work out cheaper as they charge for the pleasure of paying by direct debit. So if I pay in one go, I will make a saving. Some companies do not mind taking every pound they can. so I will make sure I will save every £££ I can by not giving them any extra!. I have other direct debits that could probably be paid up front to.
- To build a buffer in bank account so that I am not overdrawn or will ever need to be. At the moment I always seem to be using my overdraft facility.
- To really use my spending diary & record every single penny I have to spend
- To be as frugal & money saving as possible. Whilst still having fun!?
- To do ebay . Ebay is good for earning extra pennies. I bought a shirt at a jumble sale for 20p and at the moment it is £5.19. I started it at £4.99!. It was excellent condition. So small profits do add up!
- To make sure I never exceed my minutes on my mobile
At the moment thats my financial goals . I will have another think to see what else I can add. I hope 2012 is a better year. What are your finance goals. Will be back with health goals & also yearly plan goals x x x